Happy Thursday! The weekend is finally within reach! Do you have any big plans for Halloween weekend? I think we’re going to a couple of our close friends house for a little Halloween celebration. It should be a great time full of food and shenanigans. I tried to convince B to dress up with me but he wasn’t having it. What is it with the men in our family not wanting to dress up? IT’S HALLOWEEN!
Today I wanted to share a fun little survey. I thought the 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me would be a great opportunity for me to share some fun facts that would let you get to know me a little better! I came across this survey on Julie’s blog, Peanut Butter Fingers, and thought the questions were too good to pass up. I would love to hear some random facts about you as well!
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m happiest when I’m surrounded by my fiancé, family, and friends. Moving away from family and close friends makes you appreciate the time that much more!
2. Especially if it involves traveling, talking, eating, and/or drinking wine.
3. I’ve always wanted to visit Europe. I’m dying to spend weeks traveling around to different countries soaking up the culture, food, shopping, architecture, and just being. It’s on my to do list and it’s going to happen!
4. My family and I are so incredibly close. I have a relatively small family but they are everything! I love that everyone has their own personality and being yourself in completely okay! No hiding who you are here.
5. I was a terrible teenager. I didn’t get in much trouble but I was SO moody and mouthy. I mean I just loved to yell. Looking back I had to be so difficult to live with! (Sorry mom and Ninner)
6. My first job was babysitting. I babysat all through middle and high school and loved it!
7. I could probably eat pizza everyday. I love pizza and do not discriminate. Give me thin crust, Chicago deep dish, frozen pizza. I love it all. Every.Single.Day.
8. I stole a chicken leg from a grocery store. The chicken had a try me sticker. I took that as take one which is definitely not what the deli meant. My mom offered to buy the chicken when I walked up munching on a drumstick but they couldn’t stop laughing. I think I was their entertainment for the day. So much charm.
9. I was born on the same day as George Clooney. I’ll consider that a win!
10. My all-time favorite film is 27 Dresses. My friend Heather probably still hates that movie to this day. I could, and still can, watch it over and over and over. I love it and I love Katherine Heigl (I refuse to believe she’s difficult to work with).
11. I do a pretty mean fall. I am so accident prone y’all. If you can get hurt doing something, shoot even if you can’t, I’ll find a way.
12. I’m still mad that I didn’t study abroad. I had to agree with Julie on this because I think about it regularly. In college I was shy and situations I wasn’t familiar with made me so anxious but as an adult I know I would have loved it if I would have bit the bullet. Oh hindsight.
13. I met my soon to be husband at work. The company he works for was completing a construction project for the company I work for.
14. I always knew I wanted to be the kind of person my mom can be proud of. I look up to my mom so much. She sacrificed for the sake of my sister and I for so long and is the most kind hearted and selfless person I know.
15. I’m not afraid to laugh at myself.
16. I make the best GRITS. My fiancé loves grits and will eat them with any meal and I was determined to make the best grits. It’s been a work in progress but I think I’ve almost perfected my recipe. :: pats self on back::
17. I have almost no filter. I’ve gotten better about my delivery of the truth but do not ask me a question if you don’t want and honest answer because I can’t sugarcoat. Sometimes I’ll tell you even when you don’t ask if you’re really lucky.
18. I always cry when someone I know looses a parent, child, sibling, or spouse; especially prematurely. I cannot imagine going through life without those closest to me and the empathy I feel for others going through these situations is so real.
19. I’m (now) a Californian, but my heart is still in the south. Hello SEC and VT football, fried okra, and Sundrop. Charlotte I miss you!
20. I spent a year living in Atlanta, Georgia before we moved to California and I hated every second of it. People that think California traffic is bad have not experienced 85/285 during rush hour. Is it still considered rush hour if it lasts for HOURS? It is sheer torture.
21. I wish my parents would cave and move to California already (hint, hint).
22. At 5 I was deeply in love with pretending to pay my bills. As an adult I realize how silly that is because paying bills is literally the worst part about being an adult.
23. I believe if everyone chose to focus on all of the positive things in life instead of the negative the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand the dark. It is a guarantee that I will hear nosies and think someone is chasing me if I’m outside and in the dark alone. Take a flashlight? No thank you. I’ll stay inside.
25. Whenever Fixer Upper is on, I’ll watch it. Chip and JoJo I’m ready to see my fixer upper!